About Ben Kelley, St Louis Artist
"... paint splatters, drips, and hand-written lyrical compositions that are combined within otherwise realistic scenery to better convey emotion, or a story-like theme."
Ben Kelley is a St. Louis-based artist whose work has been featured locally, throughout various businesses, as well as internationally, most notably for his cover art published on famed Dutch writer Nescio’s Titaneller.
“Concerning my style - I like to mix it up a bit. I feel the need to find new and better ways of expression through my work and as a result, my paintings are typically comprised of several styles. Often this results in richly-colored landscape motifs combined with expressionist and abstract elements. This infusion of styles is most apparent as paint drips, splatters, abstracted colors and hand-written lyrical compositions that are combined within otherwise realistic scenery to better convey emotion, or a story-like theme.”
If you like what you see , or if you have any questions about my work, feel free to contact me. Thanks for stopping by and checking out my artwork.
Events and Accolades
- Live Painting & Auction at JCS Price of Freedom Gala (2017)
- Live Painting & Auction at JCS Price of Freedom Gala (2016)
- Fine Art of Missouri Gallery (2015)
- St Louis Artists' Guild: Collectors Choice (2015)
- RAW Artists: UPRISING Exhibit (2015)
- RAW Artists: Sensory Exhibit (2015)
- MySLART 33November Exhibit (2015)
- Artopia! (2013)
- "Made in St Louis" article in St Louis Post Dispatch (2012) (link)
- Live Painting & Auction at JCS (Joshua Chamberlain Society) Price of Freedom Gala (2012)
- "Sunset" painting published on book cover (2012)
- Off The Wall Holiday Ball (2010)
- Old Orchard Gallery (2009)